COVID-19 Safety at The Overlook Inn
We are open, but with precautions.
In the midst of COVID-19, we’re committed to placing the highest priority on the health and safety of our guests and ourselves. Our thoughts go out to all those affected by this virus and we hope communities return to good health sooner than later.
Presently, the Governor has “opened” the state for many businesses. Because our opinion of this decision is irrelevant, we can only exercise some control over the health and safety of our guests and employees during this time. Although we sincerely hope our elected officials are making the best decisions for all of us, it is ultimately up to us as an essential business to choose (lawfully and morally) how we should proceed.
Our guidelines will be more strict than what is suggested, but we will do our best not to hinder your enjoyment and relaxation during your visit.
What peace of mind can we offer?
The Overlook Inn is thankfully in an isolated area with space to move outside in nature, including many parks and trails to explore around nearby Fort Mountain. This alone has been such a blessing this season. Our property is a sanctuary, but we’re taking further steps to accommodate our guests during this strange time:
1) Social Distancing
– No more than 8 guests (4 rooms) at a time in our Inn.
– Guest Rooms offer private exterior doors for entering and exiting the Inn.
– Breakfast and Dinner times will be staggered to keep guests apart.
– There will be 10 feet or more between each dining table.
– Cooking, preparing, serving, and cleaning with required gloves.
– Hand Sanitizer in every room.
– We will not freshen your room, but fresh towels and linen will ALWAYS be available for our guests.
3) Cancellation & Rescheduling
– No loss in a deposit for cancellation.
– If you need to cancel at any time, we will be happy to deduct $50.00 off your next stay.
4) Discounted Full House Rental
The entire Inn can be rented all together at a much discounted rate than before – was 10%… now 20% off through July! (Call the Inn for details on an entire Inn rental, and get up to 20% off of our standard rates, depending on your dates and the number of days of your rental.)
We have been tracking COVID-19 and we continue to actively monitor recommendations and directions from the CDC, state, government and local health authorities so we can be sure that we are taking the most comprehensive actions.
Stay safe out there and look forward to seeing you all very soon.